When Injuries Stem From A Property Owner’s Negligence
Property owners are responsible for ensuring that those using their property are safe. When unsafe conditions cause an injury, the property owner may be liable to the injured party. At Mezibov Butler, we assist people who have been injured because of dangerous property. Our premises liability practice includes:
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Robbery or assault caused by inadequate security or insufficient lighting
- Slip-and-fall injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
With decades of collective experience, our attorneys have the knowledge to review your case and help you determine whether it is in your best interest to pursue it.
Property Owners Must Protect Their Tenants
Landlords have many responsibilities to residents and visitors. Landlord-tenant laws are meant to protect tenants from injury and financial harm that can result from landowner negligence. Regardless of the language in the lease, landlords must comply with certain laws.
Key responsibilities of landlords in Ohio include:
- Complying with requirements of any building, housing, health or safety codes that materially affect health and safety
- Making all repairs and whatever else is reasonably necessary to put and keep the premises in a fit and habitable condition
- Keeping the common areas of the building safe and sanitary
- Maintaining electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilating and air conditioning fixtures in safe working condition
Many people are injured each year as a result of landlords failing to exercise a proper duty of care. At Mezibov Butler, we have a proven record of results securing compensation for victims of property owners’ negligence or misconduct.
Call For A Free Consultation
If you have been injured as a result of a landlord’s disregard for your safety, consider contacting an attorney to discuss your claim. Our lawyers are available to meet with you promptly to discuss your accident and help you take steps to pursue justice. Please contact us online or call our office in Cincinnati at 513-621-8800.