Car Accidents Victims Deserve Compensation
You did not cause the car accident, so you should not be on the hook for paying medical bills. You should not be left to worry about how you are going to make ends meet because your injury took you out of work and you missed out on the paychecks you would have normally earned.
If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one because of a car crash caused by a negligent driver, the attorneys of Mezibov Butler in Cincinnati, Ohio, are prepared to act as your advocates. Call 513-621-8800 or email us for a free consultation.
Do I Have A Motor Vehicle Accident Claim?
If your car accident was caused by another person’s negligence, are likely eligible for compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Even if you were partially at fault, you may still be able to pursue a claim for compensation, depending on the extent to which you were at fault.
At the end of the day, having one of our experienced lawyers review your case costs you nothing. We offer free and candid case evaluations to auto accident victims throughout the Cincinnati metro and all of Ohio.
In addition to handling car accidents, we also serve:
- Bike riders hit by careless drivers
- Pedestrians involved in crosswalk accidents and other accidents
- Motorcyclists injured in traffic accidents
- People hit by negligent truck drivers
How Much Is My Car Crash Claim Worth?
Your car crash claim is worth the full amount of your medical bills, those you have already accumulated and those you may incur in the future due to your injuries, as well as the full amount of the wages you have lost or will lose as a result of your injuries. In addition, the value of your claim includes compensation for pain and suffering, a difficult-to-calculate dollar figure to address the hardship you have experienced as a result of the other driver’s carelessness. Needless to say, this can add up quickly.
Many car accident victims make the mistake of assuming the settlement offered by the negligent driver’s insurance coverage indicates the value of their claim. Unfortunately, insurance companies often undervalue claims. They make settlement offers that are less than what the victim deserves. On the surface, the amount of the settlement check may seem fine, but is it really enough? Our Cincinnati lawyers are here to make sure you get all the money you deserve under Ohio’s car accident laws.
Uncovering The Causes Of Car Accidents
Our law firm has the experience and resources to throughout investigate car accidents for the benefit of our clients. Our investigations often uncover evidence of negligence such as:
- Drunk driving: Every time drunk drivers get behind the wheel, they are putting innocent lives at risk. If you were injured by a drunk driver in Ohio, you may be entitled to regular damages and punitive damages. Punitive damages are designed to punish wrongdoers and deter others from taking the same reckless actions. These damages can also significantly increase the total amount of compensation available to accident victims.
- Distracted driving: Drivers who multi-task behind the wheel put innocent lives at risk. Whether the at-fault driver was texting while driving, making a phone call or otherwise distracted, he or she must be held accountable for the resulting injuries and destruction of property.
- Speeding: Driving above the speed limit causes many accidents. When handling a personal injury claim, the question we must consider is: How can we prove the at-fault driver was speeding? Every case is unique, but we seek to prove speeding by scrutinizing police reports, eyewitness accounts, reconstructions of the accident scene and physical evidence such as skid marks and debris.
Whatever the cause of your accident, if negligence is to blame, we are here to help you pursue fair and just compensation for the losses you have suffered.
Learn about what you can do after an accident to protect your rights.
Will My Case Go To Trial?
Your auto accident case may or may not go to trial, depending upon whether or not the insurance company is willing to offer a reasonable settlement. If they do not, your personal injury attorney should always be prepared to go to trial on your behalf. At our law firm, we prepare every case for the possibility of a trial so that insurance companies know they must treat our clients fairly or be in for a long and expensive legal battle. With that being said, the majority of car accident claims are resolved prior to trial.
What If The Other Driver Was Uninsured Or Underinsured?
Unfortunately, many drivers do not have proper auto liability insurance. If you are involved in an accident with one of these drivers, you should immediately contact your own auto insurance carrier to make an uninsured or underinsured motorist claim after an accident. Provided you have this coverage, it covers you, the insured members of your household and your passengers for bodily/personal injuries, damages or death caused by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver.
Do I Need A Lawyer For My Motor Vehicle Accident Claim?
Car accident claims are complex and should be handled by a knowledgeable attorney. While you do not have to hire a lawyer, you can benefit greatly by having one on your side. It is difficult as an individual to face a powerful insurance company by yourself. They deal with these issues every day. So do we. One of the best aspects of hiring a personal injury lawyer is that, under a contingent-fee billing arrangement, you don’t have to pay them anything unless and until they obtain compensation for you.
Get The Answers You Need In A Free Consultation
Each state has a specific, limited amount of time, called a statute of limitations, during which you may take legal action after an auto accident. In Ohio, the general statute of limitations for automobile accidents is two years. However, that can vary depending on the facts of your case.
Generally, it is wise to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an accident. The responsible party’s insurer is very likely already working to undervalue or deny your claim. Retaining your own lawyer can help level the playing field – particularly a lawyer with the credentials and experience of those at Mezibov Butler.