What To Do At The Scene Of A Car Crash
Accident scenes are often chaotic, but taking a few basic steps after a car crash can help you secure your physical safety and put you in a favorable position to recover your losses.
- Avoid moving your car if possible, unless you must move it to a safer location. Make other drivers aware that you are stopped by turning on your hazard lights or using flares if available.
- If you or anyone else has been injured, call 911 right away and seek medical attention. No matter what, your well-being and safety are the most important considerations after an accident.
- If there are no pressing injuries or other emergencies, contact the police. Their report could be an important piece of evidence in any personal injury case, so it is wise to give brief, factual statements without saying anything about responsibility or fault.
- Gather the names, addresses and phone numbers of all drivers, passengers and witnesses. Also, get driver’s license numbers and insurance information from others involved in the collision.
- Take photographs of the accident scene and the damage to your vehicle.
- If you are injured, but do not require emergency care, it is important that you seek medical attention as soon after the accident as possible. This is important not only to take care of your health, but to begin establishing medical records that could be integral to a personal injury claim.
If you have already left the scene and missed any of these steps, it is still possible to protect your interests and begin building a case for compensation. Our attorneys can meet with you on your schedule to discuss what happened and what damages may be available to you. We will not rush you or treat you like a case number; we will listen to your concerns and answer your questions.
Put An Experienced Trial Team On Your Side
To learn more and arrange an appointment at our Cincinnati, Ohio, office, please contact us online or call 513-621-8800.