Advocating For Parties Injured In Car Accidents

Car accidents are a leading cause of injury and death in Ohio and across the country. Most motor vehicle accidents occur due to negligence on the part of one or more drivers. If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one because of an accident with a negligent driver, the attorneys of Mezibov Butler in Cincinnati, Ohio, are prepared to act as your advocates.

If your car accident was caused by another person's negligence, you may be eligible for compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Our lawyers can give you a candid case evaluation and, if appropriate, guide you through the claims process.

Learn about what you can do after an accident to protect your rights.

Accidents With Uninsured And Underinsured Motorists

Unfortunately, many drivers do not have proper auto liability insurance. If you are involved in an accident with one of these drivers, you should immediately contact your own auto insurance carrier to make an uninsured or underinsured motorist claim after an accident. Provided you have this coverage, it covers you, the insured members of your household and your passengers for bodily/personal injuries, damages or death caused by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver.

Do Not Hesitate To Talk To An Attorney

Each state has a specific, limited amount of time, called a statute of limitations, during which you may take legal action after an auto accident. In Ohio, the general statute of limitations for automobile accidents is two years. However, it may vary depending on the facts of your accident.

Generally, it is wise to contact an attorney as soon as possible after an accident. The responsible party's insurer is very likely already working to undervalue or deny your claim. Retaining your own lawyer can help level the playing field – particularly a lawyer with the credentials and experience of those at Mezibov Butler.

To schedule a free, confidential consultation with one of our attorneys, please contact us at 513-621-8800.